Our school is run by an experienced and dedicated staff and is accredited by the NAEYC. The school is operated by the parents with the assistance of one salaried director and four salaried teachers. They have extensive training in Early Childhood Education and regularly participate in continuing education.
Our program is semi-structured, including a blend of free choice and teacher directed activities. We are committed to the philosophy that children’s learning occurs in the process of their experiences, including their interactions with the teacher, other children, parents, and the materials and equipment at school. To provide children with enriched experiences our program includes:
- Arts and Crafts
- Music and Movement
- Cooking Experiences
- Language and Social Development
- Small Learning Groups
- Large and Small Motor Development
- Science and Nature Study
- Reading and literacy related projects
- Materials promoting self awareness, self esteem, and appreciation of the world and those around us.
Our program in music is taught by a professional music instructor.
- Tuesday, Thursday Group: 9:15 AM – 11:15 AM (for ages 24 months – 2.9 years)
- Tuesday, Thursday Group: 9:00 AM to 11:30 AM (designed for 3 year olds; must by 3 by 12/31)
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday Group: 9:00 AM to 11:30 AM (3.9 – 5 years old)
Tuition & Application Fees
Tuition is based on yearly rates ($2500 T/TH, $3500 MWF) with payments, typically, spread over the 10 month period from September through June. The first two payments are due at the start of the year.
Monthly tuition rate:
- T/TH (2s) – $250
- T/TH (3s) – $250
- MWF (4s, 5s) – $350
Multiple child discount: For families with more than one student concurrently enrolled at the school, there is a 15% discount. For families with siblings enrolled in different classes, the discount applies to the tuition of the younger student. For families with siblings enrolled in the same class, the discount applies to the tuition payment of one student.
Application Fee: $60 new families, $25 returning families.
- Manual Deposit: $25
- Maintenance Deposit: $25
- Housekeeping: $50
- Paid Co-op Substitute (optional, as needed): $50
Pancake Breakfast: Each family is required to sell or purchase $180 worth of raffle/meal tickets to support this annual event. The Pancake Breakfast is our biggest fundraiser and the only one in which participation by the whole school community is mandatory. A fun event enjoyed by both school families, alumni, and local community members, the Pancake Breakfast is also one of the highlights of our school year!
Late Tuition (after the 10th of the month): $5 per week or a portion thereof.
- Late Co-op Arrival (after 8:45): $5 per minute or a portion thereof.
- Late Pick Up (after 11:35 T/TH, MWF): $5 per minute or a portion thereof.